(844) 682-3621

Not all car accidents are the same. A small fender bender is quite a bit different than hitting a deer at 70 miles per hour on the freeway. Furthermore, certain driving locations are more prone to specific types of accidents compared to others (you’re more likely to hit a deer driving in a rural area compared to driving in downtown Minneapolis). In this article, we are going to talk about some common car accidents that happen in the city vs. on the freeway vs. in rural areas.

Urban Car Accident Injuries

Car crashes in the city vary widely. Rush hour traffic is typically the worst in urban areas, so fender benders are very common.  Accidents involving pedestrians and cyclists are also significantly more common in cities. After all, you don’t see many pedestrians or bikers on the side of the freeway.

Freeway Car Accident Injuries

Freeway collisions tend to be significantly more severe than city auto accidents simply because cars tend to be moving a lot faster on the freeway. Car rollover accidents are most common on freeways, as are severe head-on collisions that occur when a car crosses the median line and into oncoming traffic.

Rural Car Accident Injuries

Out in the country or in rural areas, auto accidents involving deer and other animals are very common. If there are nearby farms, accidents with tractors and other farm vehicles on the side of the road can also occur. Rural roads are typically the least well-lit as well, which makes accidents more prevalent at night.

Regardless of the location in which your accident occurred, you should always seek medical help after a car accident. Even if you don’t recognize any injuries right away, there may be some lurking under the surface. A qualified injury physician can examine your injuries and get you back on the path to a full recovery.

Call Us Today